Baby + Me and Tots/Tykes classes are divided into age ranges – please read the class descriptions to ensure it’s the right class for you and your child.
Our regular classes and workshops are appropriate for ages 18 and up without restriction. Children under 12 may attend a Tranquil Space class only if:
- they have prior experience in adult class settings,
- they are accompanied in class by a parent or caregiver, and
- they have obtained permission from the studio manager at least 24 hours in advance of class.
Children aged 12-17 may attend a Tranquil Space class only if:
- they have prior experience in adult class settings, and
- they are accompanied in class by a parent or caregiver.
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (parent or caregiver) at all times in all parts of the studios. Tranquil Space does not provide child care or sitting services during class times. Minors may not wait in the studio or wait unsupervised in any common area while a parent or caregiver takes class .
I took my daughter, Annie (age 10.5) to the Charity class yesterday. It was her first time to 17th street. (She did mommy and me on P and 3 year old yoga in Bethesda.) She gasped when we walked in! She fell in love with the lounge, b-lined for cookies, and tea. Afterwards — called the class intense (compliment). Had more tea and cookies, commented that it was “much nicer” then she thought it would be, and of course, wanted a t-shirt. I said — 6 more classes and you could earn one. She said — 5! Deal.
– mom of a new Tranquil Space fan