Tranquil Space yoga teacher certification
Since 2003 Tranquil Space has offered the 200-hour yoga teacher certification training and was the first Yoga Alliance-approved yoga teacher training program in Washington, DC.
Following the completion of our introductory Level 1, you may enroll in our Level 2 to obtain your 200-hour yoga teacher certification. This program has been designed to exceed Yoga Alliance teacher training standards and is taught by Tranquil Space’s experienced teachers and guest teachers.
The various options offer a unique path for students interested in learning to teach vinyasa yoga or simply deepening their own practice within specific topics. Through this yoga teacher certification training you’ll gain a foundation in yoga asana, yoga philosophy, anatomy and physiology, assisting, and sequencing for all levels of vinyasa yoga.
- Option 1: Completion of all 9 weekends in one session (spring or fall) to include all topics/subjects covered during the training. Attendance is mandatory for the first weekend and during the final weekend along with attendance in all teaching circles, completion of 20 classes, pre-requisites, and required texts to qualify for yoga teacher certification. Submission of application is necessary for consideration.
- Option 2: Completion of 9 weekends over two sessions (spring & fall) to include all topics/subjects covered during the training. Option 2 trainees must attend the first full weekend of their first session and the full weekend of the final weekend during their second session. Payment is made by weekend with a total of 9 payments made over the two sessions enrolled. All requirements of the 200-hour training must be completed within one year for yoga teacher certification. This includes a total of 20 classes, pre-requisites, required texts and teaching circles. Submission of application is necessary to be consideration.
- asana alignment, including verbal and hands-on assists
- 20 asana classes at Tranquil Space during the training
- sequencing, voice and language awareness
- Tranquil Space yoga and teaching philosophy
- how to teach and accommodate different levels
- homework and practice assignments
- teaching circles with mentors
- developing a practice journal
- extensive reading list
- book and class summaries
- workshops covering prenatal and postnatal yoga, anatomy and physiology for yogis, assisting, yoga philosophy, creative sequencing, meditation, restorative yoga, and partner yoga
- 15% off boutique shopping days
- graduates receive listing under our Tranquil Space-trained teacher page plus 15% off classes, additional teacher training, and boutique shopping at all Tranquil Space studios
As far as I am concerned, Tranquil Space is the Cadillac of yoga teacher training programs. I cannot recommend them more fully! — Nicole Griffin
Training with Tranquil Space teachers and fellow students is an absolute gift. It was an enriching life experience I recommend to anyone seeking a deeper exploration of teaching philosophy, asana practice, pranayama and more than any syllabus can explain in words. — Marjorie DePuy
The Tranquil Space teacher training program was a life-changing experience, in which I dove deeper into my personal yoga practice, strengthened my understanding of yoga philosophy, and grew my capacity to instruct all the different aspects of yoga. I am deeply grateful for the experience and would highly recommend Tranquil Space’s program. — Megan Bracy
Tranquil Space’s 200-hour program was a rewarding experience. I met many new friends, learned more than expected, and look forward to continue growing in my teaching journey. — Kayla Prince
Tranquil Space’s 200-hour yoga teacher certification fully prepared me to teach a well-rounded asana class. I feel like a more complete yogi (and person) after finishing the training. — Andrea Zajonc
Tranquil Space provided an extremely well rounded training experience with dedicated, personable instructors. I would recommend their training program to anyone considering certification. — Christina Elliott
Tranquil Space goes above and beyond for their teacher training program. They have top notch instructors from a variety of backgrounds who mentor students on and off the mat. They genuinely care about the growth and development of each and every person. — Laura Rosenwinkel
The Tranquil Space teacher training was beyond anything I could have imagined for a 200 hour program. After completing, I felt firmly grounded in the foundations of Yoga philosophy, alignment of asana, and the fundamentals of kinesiology and anatomy. Further, it sparked my interest to studying these areas in even more depth through continuing education. The mentor program (teaching circles) allowed personal contact with an ERYT-500 certified teacher who helped me identify my strengths as a teacher, and challenged me to grow in other areas. Beyond the feeling of goodwill and connection with my fellow trainees, I felt that I was part of a larger community with all of the support and resources that they had to offer. I would highly recommend the Tranquil Space teacher training to anyone who is interested in becoming a teacher, or who would like to deepen their understanding of the practice of Yoga. — Gregory Lennon
I am so glad to have done my teacher training at Tranquil Space. All the teachers were supportive and knowledgeable. The bonds formed with the other trainees runs deep and I am proud to call them my sangha. A truly transformative experience that I know would not have been the same anywhere else. — Maria Hettel
I went into this yoga teacher training thinking that I wanted to teach, and after graduation I’m absolutely certain that I do. Tranquil Space’s teacher training program allowed my personal practice to grow and expand and helped me find my teaching voice to truly take my seat as a teacher. I feel so lucky to have trained with some of the teachers that I respect the most. Wonderful opportunity that opened my eyes to how much more there is to learn! — Spring 2013 Tranquil Space Teacher Training Graduate
Tranquil Space is committed to giving back to the community. We express this commitment in many ways, including karma yoga – otherwise known as the yoga of selfless service. In pursuit of this goal, each semester our teacher training students commit to serving friends, neighbors, and others in the greater DC area through the practice and teaching of yoga. Learn more about our karma yoga efforts.
Saturdays 11:00am – 7:30pm
Sundays 10:00am – 5:30pm
Teaching circles times: TBD
Spring 2018 Level 2 – Dupont Circle
February 3-4, 10-11, 17-18
March 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25
April 7-8, 14-15
(9 weekends, Sat & Sun)
Fall 2018 Level 2 – Dupont Circle
Dates TBD but schedule is October to December
Option 1 – $3100+tax
Option 2 – 4 auto payments of $825+tax made within three (3) months, totaling $3,300+tax
Option 3 – 9 payments of $395+tax, totaling $3,555
You can choose to complete the training over one session, attending all nine weekends, or attend over two consecutive sessions (Spring and Fall).