Begin your yoga teacher training journey at Tranquil Space
Tranquil Space’s Level 1 yoga teacher training program is designed to explore the fundamentals of vinyasa yoga and deepen your own practice. Level 1 is also the first part of the Tranquil Space 200-hour Yoga Alliance approved yoga teacher training program, and is a prerequisite for Level 2 certification.
Did you know every teacher at Tranquil Space started out by taking our Level 1 yoga teacher training? If you have any questions, feel free to chat with our teachers or teaching assistants before or after class.
This introductory intensive will provide you with a strong foundation to practice, observe, and teach the following:
- warm-up vinyasa
- sun salutations; step backs & surya namaskar A, B
- basic standing poses
- basic balancing poses
- simple backbends
- hip openers
- forward bends
- basic twists
- shoulder stand and plow
This training also includes:
- discussion of modifications and sequencing
- how to begin and end a class
- how to use voice, languaging, and hands-on assisting
- introductory reading list
- practice teaching and assisting among the group
- feedback and homework
- basic yoga and Tranquil Space teaching philosophy
- practice and personal journal writing
- current teacher training students get 15% off teacher training books
- 6 yoga classes to be taken within a designated time period
- introductory workshop on prenatal yoga
MLK Weekend 2017 at Dupont Circle
January 13-16, 2017
Session times + more information
Spring, Summer and Fall dates TBA
Please note, times are subject to change.
Investment + application
$595. Applications require a $150 non-refundable deposit; limited space available. Applicants not accepted into the program will have the full amount refunded.
For cancellation and refund policies, see our teacher training FAQs.
Level 1 yoga teacher training graduating classes