Level 2 Certification
This annual 200-hour level 2 certification is taught by Kimberly Wilson, Tranquil Space teachers, and several guest teachers. This program has been designed to exceed yoga alliance teacher standards and was the first Yoga Alliance-approved teacher training in Washington, DC. The various options offer a unique path for students interested in learning to teach vinyasa yoga or simply deepening their own practice within specific topics. Through this training you'll gain a foundation in yoga asana, yoga philosophy, anatomy & physiology, assisting, and seqeuncing for all levels of vinyasa yoga.
Options available for completion of the level 2 certification
* Option 1: Completion of all 9 weekends in one session (spring or fall) to include all topics/subjects covered during the training. Attendance is mandatory for the first weekend and during the final weekend along with attendance in all teaching circles, completion of 20 classes, pre-requisites, and required texts. Submission of application is necessary for consideration.
* Option 2: Completion of 9 weekends over two sessions (spring & fall) to include all topics/subjects covered during the training. Option 2 trainees must attend the first full weekend of their first session and the full weekend of the final weekend during their second session. Payment is made by weekend with a total of 9 payments made over the two sessions enrolled. All requirements of the 200-hour training must be completed within one year which includes a total of 20 classes, pre-requisites, required texts and teaching circles. Submission of application is necessary to be consideration.
This certification includes
* asana alignment, including verbal and hands-on assists
* 20 asana classes at tranquil space during the training
* sequencing, voice and language awareness
* tranquil space yoga and teaching philosophy
* how to teach and accommodate different levels
* homework and practice assignments
* teaching circles with mentors
* developing a practice journal
* extensive reading list
* book and class summaries
* workshops covering prenatal and postnatal yoga, anatomy and physiology for yogis, assisting, yoga philosophy, creative sequencing, meditation, restorative yoga, and partner yoga
* 15% off tranquility boutique shopping days
* graduates receive listing under our Tranquil Space-trained teacher page plus 15% off classes, additional teacher training, and tranquility boutique shopping at all Tranquil Space studios
I went into this teacher training thinking that I wanted to teach, and after graduation I'm absolutely certain that I do. Tranquil Space's teacher training program allowed my personal practice to grow and expand and helped me find my teaching voice to truly take my seat as a teacher. I feel so lucky to have trained with some of the teachers that I respect the most. Wonderful opportunity that opened my eyes to how much more there is to learn!
- Spring 2013 Tranquil Space Teacher Training Graduate
* Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiolgy, and Asana by Judith Lasater* Living Your Yoga: Finding The Spiritual In Everyday Life By Judith Lasater
* Jivamukti Yoga: Practices For Liberating Body And Soul By Sharon Gannon And David Life
* Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life By Judith Lasater
* Journey Into Power: How To Sculpt Your Ideal Body, Free Your True Self, And Transform Your Life With Yoga By Baron Baptiste
* Yoga And The Path Of The Urban Mystic (2nd Edition) By Darren Main
* Ashtanga Yoga By David Swenson
* Teaching Yoga: Exploring The Student-Teacher Relationship By Donna Farhi
* The Wisdom Of No Escape And The Path Of Loving Kindness By Pema Chodron
* Secret Power Of Yoga: A Woman's Guide To The Heart And Spirit Of The Yoga Sutras By Nischala Joy Devi
* Hip Tranquil Chick: A Guide To Life On And Off The Yoga Mat By Kimberly Wilson
* Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
* Extra Love by Jill Abelson
Recommended texts and cds
* Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens
* Om Yoga: A Guide To Daily Practice By Cyndi Lee
* Yoga Body, Buddha Mind By Cyndi Lee
* Yoga Mind And Body By Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center
* Light On Yoga: The Bible Of Modern Yoga By B.K.S. Iyengar And Vehudi Menuhin
* Relax And Renew: Restful Yoga For Stressful Times By Judith Lasater
*Get Your Yoga On CD By Kimberly Wilson
* Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation In Everyday Life By Jon Kabat-Zinn
* The Yoga Poster
* Living Yoga: A Comprehensive Guide For Daily Life By Feuerstein And Bodian
* Yoga Anatomy By Leslie Kaminoff
* Anatomy Of Movement By Blandine Calais-Germain
* YogAnatomy DVD with David Keil
* Key Muscles of Yoga By Ray Long
Assisting & Adjusting
* Prakriti by Robert Svoboda
* Preparing For Birth With Yoga: Exercises For Pregnancy And Childbirth By Janet Balaskas
* 2 year minimum yoga practice.
* current practice at an intermediate level.
* completed level 1 intensive training at Tranquil Space.
* the intention of deepening your own yoga practice while assisting future students in doing the same.
* the discipline to be fully present at all training sessions in order to develop the skills necessary for teaching. 100% attendance is required.
* completed application and deposit.
Certification schedule for 2012
Saturdays 11:00am - 7:30pm
Sundays 10:00am - 5:30pm
Teaching circles times: tba
Fall 2013 - Level 2 - Dupont Circle
- 10 years of Tranquil Space Teacher Training -