The Tranquil Space Experience
When Tranquil Space first opened in Kimberly's living room back in 1999, there weren't a lot of choices for a yogi in DC. Today, there are dozens of places where you can practice. Why might Tranquil Space be the right studio for you? We focus on small touches and something we like to call The Tranquil Space Experience:
- We have grown to two locations: Dupont Circle and Arlington. Your passes work at both!
- Special touches: hair ties, deodorants, mouthwash and other extras in the changing rooms. And be sure to save room for tea and cookies before and after class.
- All Tranquil Space teachers go through our 200-hour teacher training program and an audition process. What does this mean for our students? Our classes are consistent and you'll know what to expect each time you enter the studios, yet each teacher's unique personality and vibe shines through.
- Tranquil Space teachers don't "teach from the mat" - instead they constantly move about the class offering assists and adjustments to enhance your practice. Many classes also have a teacher assistant, doubling the number of assists per class! These assists don't mean you're doing a pose incorrectly, instead they help you deepen your version of the pose.
- Tranquil Space is a sensory experience: music for the right mood (soothing - energizing); inviting aromas, including end-of-class lavender aromatherapy spray; open, airy, light-filled studios.
- We have great member benefits: free mat storage, workshops and classes just for members, discounts throughout the year, and more!
- Our spa-like changing rooms at the Dupont Circle studio make you feel right at home. You can even take a shower after class. Our spacious changing area at the Arlington studio gives you your own cubby to store your belongings while you take an invigorating class.
- Tranquil Space specialty classes help deepen your practice (Yoga for Men, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga)
- We want to help you savor a tranquil journey into parenthood. Visit us for prenatal, Baby & Me, Yoga with Crawlers and Yoga for Tykes and Tots. Our team is dedicated to the best customer service in the area. Expect a friendly, helpful and welcoming team.
- New to the studio? Let us know - we'll give you a tour and answer any questions you have! We want you to love Tranquil Space as much as we do, so our intro offer isn't just for a class or two... it's a whole month of unlimited yoga for $49. Try every class, every teacher. We want you to get to know us, because we think once you do, you'll want to stick around.
- A boutique offering more than just yoga props and mats (although we have those too!) - unique, eco-friendly gifts you won't find anyplace else!
- A vibrant, active yoga cOMmunity - a great place to meet like-minded people through our classes, philanthropic events, charity events, and even informal tea and cookie gatherings after class in our tea lounges!
- A true commitment to giving back: as a member of 1% for the Planet, we give 1% of all earnings to environmental causes. In addition, we plant a tree for every class pass sold, hold monthly karma classes benefiting charities, and we also support local charities with class passes for their fundraisers. Tranquil Space Foundation, our sister charity, brings yoga, creativity and leadership to girls and microgrants to like-minded organizations.
- Incredible opportunities to deepen your practice through local and international retreats. From India, to Costa Rica, to a cabin retreat in nearby West Virginia... escape and renew with Tranquil Space teachers as your guide.